Ahhhh, congratulations on committing to your first BRAND PHOTOSHOOT!
Brand photoshoots can be as exciting as they are daunting. Now, before you sign up for a 90-day juice cleanse or book a series of botox appointments, let’s take a deep breath…inhale…exhale…and get real. While it’s fun to prep in advance for your brand photoshoot, being yourself is most important. So let’s pass on unnecessary deprivation and the excessive lip filler. Remember beautiful, a little goes a long way. 😉
You’ve got this!
You’ve had this photoshoot marked on your calendar for some time, but now that it’s here you may be wondering…
What do I wear?
Do I need to bring anything?
What should I do with my hair?
What lip color do I choose?
Fortunately, we’ve put together this helpful guide to resolve any confusion around what to wear, what to bring, and how to do your hair and makeup!
Consider this your go-to checklist for anytime you need to prep for a brand photoshoot.
First up—and arguably the most important—wardrobe!
TIP: Try your best to stick with solid prints, choosing a mix of neutrals with a pop of brand colors.
- Neutral pants
- Black pants
- Flowy skirt in neutral silk or in a brand color
- Chic shorts
- Black dress
- Neutral dress
- Blazer in black, neutral, or in a brand color
- White tops
- Black tops
- Solid tops in a brand color
- Button down shirt
- Cozy sweater
- Sweater tank
- Nude pumps
- Sophisticated sandals
- Black heels
- White sneakers
- Simple gold earrings (studs or huggies)
- Gold necklaces
- Stackable rings, chunky bracelets, or any other pieces that reflect your brand
When it comes to makeup, the more natural the better!
TIP: Even if you keep your makeup natural, you can still wear false lashes to really make your eyes stand out.
- BB cream or tinted moisturizer
- Lightweight foundation
- Peachy blush or light bronzer
- False lashes if desired
- Volumizing mascara
- Eyebrow pencil
- Neutral, tinted lip moisturizer
- Red lipstick
- Oil blotting sheets
Don’t forget to prep your nails too! If you don’t have time to get a mani, check to make sure your nails are shaped evenly and cleaned up. Give them a neutral polish or opt for light pink. Bring your nail polish with you in case you need to touch them up!
Style your hair in a way that looks most flattering to your face shape and how you feel most comfortable.
TIP: Stress less and get a blowout before your photoshoot!
- Lightweight hairspray
- Dry texturizing spray
- Curling iron for natural, loose curls
- Flat iron for any forgotten strands—or for curling!
- Claw clips
- Round brush
- Fashion hair clips
- Straw hat or fedora
Adding props to your photo will make them more dynamic and interesting.
TIP: Build a vision board on Pinterest and see what props are in the photos you are naturally drawn to.
- Cell phone
- Notebooks and planner
- Office supplies (stapler, paper clips, business cards)
- iPad, camera, airpods, and any other tech you use regularly
- Pens and pen holder
- Coffee mugs with coffee or tea
- Wine glasses—and wine!
- Water glass with lemon slices or water bottle
- Smoothie or juice in a glass with a straw
- Bouquet of flowers or a dried arrangement
- Stack of magazines or books
- Your pets!
The most important thing to bring to your upcoming brand photoshoot is yourself! Relax, smile, and just be you. Do what you can to get comfortable so you can shine in front of the camera.
Make the photos from your brand shoot last longer by breaking them up with stock imagery. Access 125+ stock photos here!
Need help with your first brand photoshoot? This is what we do best! Learn more about working with us here.